To watch demos, you'll need a modern QuakeWorld client.
- nquake - the fastest & easiest way to play QuakeWorld online with custom configs & graphics.
- ezQuake - the client nQuake uses
- AfterQuake - alternative to nQuake, based on FTEQW engine
- www.quakerepo.net - Empezar's archive of Quake maps
If you're more interested in single-player Quake
The focal point for the multi-player Quakeworld community is on the community Discord server
for forums, graphics, competitions etc.
The following individuals have very kindly donated funds to keep badplace.eu up and running.
If you wish to make a donation, you can do so via PayPal
Textures from screenshots courtesy of various individuals uploading to gfx.quakeworld.nu
Country flags courtesy of Mark James
badplace.eu's icon was created by bps
, who is also updating map backgrounds
Files were initially taken from a number of archives across the internet - many thanks to everyone who took the time to preserve demos and tournament websites/results over the years. In particular:
- Dimman supplied database exports from EQL, NQR, CMT & Salvation tournaments
- Jjonez supplied a database archive from challenge-tv & demo website, and Smackdown tournaments.
- Anni supplied database archives from Ownage & Ignition tournaments.
- D0peskillz supplied database export from recent DuelMania tournaments.
- LeopolD's archive on demos.igmdb.org
- onefingerman's archive of race records
- Methos's demo website (now down - archive hosted by QuakeTerminus here)
- D2's demo archive
- All those who kept tournament results on the QuakeWorld wiki (especially with links to challenge-tv demos)
An attempt has also been made to import tournament information from various websites detailing results.
If you have a demo archive or know of a tournament structure that is currently missing, please get in touch. Particularly interested in official tournament games of old, whatever the skill level.